You will need:
- 3 empty containers (I used recycled frosting containers after removing the labels.)
- Labels (I printed mine on card stock and taped them on the containers.)
- Directions printed on slips of paper. Make sure you have an equal amount in each container:
- Black/brown/hazel eyes
- Blue/green eyes
- Wearing anything black
- Wearing anything white
- Birthday in January-June
- Birthdat in July-December
- Cat lovers
- Dog lovers
- Horse lovers
- Broccoli lovers
- Left handed (that's me!)
- Right handed
- Teach Me to Walk in the Light verse 1 (or whatever song you are learning for May)
- Teach Me to Walk in the Light verse 2
- Teach Me to Walk in the Light verse 3
- The Church of Jesus Christ
- Follow the Prophet, Adam
- Follow the Prophet, Enoch
- Follow the Prophet, Noah
- Follow the Prophet, Moses
- Follow the Prophet, Abraham
- Follow the Prophet, Jonah
- Follow the Prophet, Daniel
- Follow the Prophet, Samuel
- Follow the Prophet, Thomas S. Monson
- He Sent His Son
- I Know That My Savior Loves Me, verse 1
- I Know That My Savior Loves Me, verse 2
- Very fast
- Very slow
- Very high
- Very low
- Like a cowboy/cowgirl
- With eyes closed
- With no blinking
- Like a billy goat
- Like an opera Star
- Plug your nose
- Like a baby
- Like a grandpa/grandma
- Make a label for each of the three containers.
- Tape or glue the labels on the containers.
- Print the above directions on paper and cut apart.
- Fold each slip of paper and put in the appropriate container.
When singing time begins, walk in, full of enthusiasm, like a game show host:
You: "Hello boys and girls, and welcome to another round of (be dramatic) WHO? WHAT? HOW?! What's the name of the game?"
Pause, cupping your hand to your ear, and point to the first container labeled "Who?", then "What?", then "How?"
Children: "Who?What? How?"
You: "Very good boys and girls! For today's show we are going to review all the primary songs we have learned this year! Who will be our first contestant to choose (be dramatic) Whooo?, Whaaaat?, and Hoooow? we sing?"
Children will raise their hands. Choose a child to come to the front and take a slip of paper from each container. Have the child sit down and then read what has been drawn. For example:
You: "Alright-y then! Johnny has chosen these three slips of paper! Lets see WHO is going to sing first. Aha! It says everyone with black, brown or hazel eyes! And just WHAT will they be singing today? 'Follow the Prophet, Adam'. Excellent! And now, HOW are our black, brown and hazel eyed friends going to sing? Aha! They are going to sing like a billy goat! Would all the black, brown, and hazel eyed persons please stand!"
Direct all the black/brown/hazel eyed children and leaders in singing 'Follow the Prophet, Adam', like a billy goat. Continue until all the songs and verses have been sung.